Herbal Stress Relief
Almost everyone these days goes through some type of stress. And for some, we want to avoid taking medications or find a safer way to relieve ourselves of stress. That's where herbal stress relief comes in handy.
Our environment is rich with natural remedies that help our bodies relieve itself of stress naturally, no chemicals or side effects. Herbal stress relief is a great way to reduce your stress and not have to worry about bad side effects or high prices of medication.
Best of all, herbal stress relief is gaining more popularity. This is because many have realized that with herbs really do work and have been working for more than 5,000 years. However with the commercialism of medication for fast stress relief, many forgot how good herbal stress relief really is.
As mentioned, there may be tons of medications on the market promising to be the best stress reliever, but there is always the risk of side effects. Herbal stress relievers don't have any side effect, only positive outcomes. Some of the most common herbs used to relieve stress are Valerian and Kava Kava. Of course, while the herbs provide help to relieve stress, many to accompany it with a stress management therapy.
Following is a list of the popular herbs and recommended cures people use for herbal stress relief:
- Ashwagandha/Indian Ginseng has anti-inflammatory properties that are extremely useful in times of stress, for normalizing adrenal and increasing energy levels.
- A common symptom of chronic stress is lack of sleep (insomnia). Valerian Root soothes the nerves, has sedating effects and is recommended use before bedtime for undisturbed sleep at night.
- Siberian Ginseng is effective in fighting mental fatigue. It strengthens the body’s nervous system, increases energy and resistance to stress, reduces lethargy and relieves depression, anxiety and tiredness.
- Chamomile contains relaxing properties and is one of the main ingredients in herbal teas. Chamomile helps relieve anxiety, restlessness and nervousness.
- Rhodiola Rosea helps reduce fatigue, boosts memory and improves immune system to help the body fight off illnesses. It is advised to not use Rhodiola Rosea with Siberian Ginseng.
- Ginkgo Biloba: This Chinese herb has the ability to get rid of body tensions by stopping the production of anxiety causing chemicals.
- Hops is beneficial for nervous disorders and reduces irritability, has calming properties and is known to be effective in treatment of insomnia and sleep disorders.
- Catnip is believed to be useful as a sleep aid, in calming the nervous system, soothing the stomach and improving digestion.
- Passion Flower acts like a sedative and is used to treat insomnia and nervous conditions, helps relaxation and reduces anxiety.
- Kava Kava is used to treat insomnia and anxiety. It helps relieve stress and relax the body.
- lue Vervain is used as a tranquilizer and aids the nerves.
- Scullcap is considered the best nerve tonic.
Herbal Stress Relief SupplementsThe right natural supplements can help avoid prescription medications that fill the body with toxins and hinders healthy body function.
- 5-HT is made from plant Griffonia simplicifolia and works as an anti-depressant.
- Ex-Stress Formula has Hops, Valerian and Black Cohosh; used for relaxation and promotes health.
- SAMe results from body amino acids; fights depression.
- D-phenylalanine (DPA) results from body amino acids; fights depression.
- L-Tyrosine is used to treat insomnia, depression and anxiety.
- Relora is an anti-anxiety, anti-stress formula that helps control stress-related eating and drinking.
- GABA is an amino acid supplement and has calming properties.
Whether or not you decide to use herbs as a natural stress reliever remember to also avoid caffeine, sugar, white flour products and most importantly junk food. The healthier your diet the better outcome you will have.